Hanging cabinets with glass panels
This pair of furniture pieces demonstrate the artist’s interest in the production of furniture.
The numerous pieces of furniture he created, characterised by the respect given to theri materials and by the rigour of their design, are grounded in the theory that Cambellotti expressed in articles in the magazine “The House” in 1908, where he restates the need to design simple forms, connected to local traditions, and to use solid wood, with the joints and pins made also of wood.
These two small cabinets reflect these principles.
They are also enriched with precious glass made in shades of blue, into which agile naked figures have been inserted.
Masterpieces of the hall
This small room, prior to the transformation of the House into a museum, still had the original bath fittings from beginning of the century. However the beautiful majolica work, produced by Villeroy and Boch, which once covered the walls with depictions of nymphs, had almost completely disappeared.